Monday, January 27, 2014

New Goals

So It's been awhile since I talked about anything that wasn't League of Legends related here and I thought I'd kinda go over some of my goals for this upcoming year so that if nothing else, there is a place where they are recorded that I can easily find and remind myself about. I'm some specific ones like do x number of y task, but also just really general and frankly vague statements. So let's jump right into them.

First off a specific one. I want to become a better writer in general, so I figured one thing I can do is simply practice right? So I decided that I would do one-thousand words of writing every week that did not involve my school work. Whether that be writing on the LCS, WCS and other E-sports related things, friends, family, or even my woes in the world of dating, but just something! It seems obvious that this would fit well into making more regular content for this blog so this is where I'll put it. So TL:DR writing 1000 words a week, posting it here.

Right, next I have one of those vague ones. "Be Proactive" Like really? I just wrote that and I'm sitting here thinking to myself, "How stupidly cryptic!" but I need this to be a really broad statement for it to work in several areas of my life so I went with it. Deal. The most prominent component I can think of for this is dating, for the last.... like forever I've taken an incredible passive approach to dating, you know what? it really doesn't work. For some weird reason girls in western society just seem to think that you, the male, should be the one to initiate things of romantic nature. Blah, how lame. None the less, I can't really force society to adopt a new trend where Females initiate these kinds of things so I just have to play the current meta-game of dating and make things happen myself. I don't want this proactive thing to cause a massive shift in my behavior though, I like the fact that I'm flexible enough that when someone presents something to do for an evening activity I'm usually pretty good with just doing that thing, maybe it would be good though if every once and a while I was the person who presented the idea for evening plans.

It took me some time to actually come up with a third goal, mostly because the second one is so darn broad that it covers pretty much everything I could think of! But if you know me you know that my diet is at times normal and healthy, but more often than not pretty atrocious. So I'm going to cook things more often. Cooking takes time and effort though which sucks, but I have a lot of time on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I figure I should be able to manage to muster up the effort to do some real cooking those days at least.

Well, that's about five-hundred words for this week already! good work team, and by that I mean me. Not to be to high on myself though obviously. I still have another five-hundred to go this week so I really shouldn't be getting boastful too quickly.

Do or do not, there is no try. #YOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment